Midwest Kidney Network's Medical Review Committee (MRC) annually reviews and updates its recommended treatment goals. In setting these goals, the MRC relies on available evidence and accepted practice guidelines such as those provided by the Kidney Dialysis Outcomes Quality Initiative (K/DOQI). We at Midwest Kidney Network's Medical Review Committee provide these goals to help dialysis facilities improve patient care and patient outcomes.
Note the following updates to the Recommended Treatment Goals for 2021.
- Dialysis adequacy is clarified as 97.6% will achieve Kt/V 1.2 for HD and 1.7 for PD
- Long term catheter goal is adjusted to < 11%
- Arteriovenous fistula goal has been deleted, consistent with KDOQI guidelines which focus on reducing long-term catheter rates. Please note, however, the standardized AVF rate continues to be a measure in the Quality Incentive Program.
- Mean uncorrected serum calcium concentration>10.2% mg/dL has been changed to ≤ 0.5%
- The 80% goal has been added for dialysis patients receiving a COVID vaccination