You as a dialysis or transplant patient need no interruptions in your life-sustaining treatments and medications. Therefore, it is vital that you are prepared in the event of an emergency. The contact information and resources below are provided to help you and others deal quickly with any likely emergency.
Resources to help you prepare for an emergency
Emergency Preparedness Guide: brochure outlines emergency supplies, diet, and contacts.
FDA Drug Recalls and Alerts: website provides timely information on any concerns with drugs and medical equipment.
Telephone Hotlines and Information
- DaVita: 800-400-8331
- Fresenius (FMC): 800-626-1297
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI): 866-424-1990
- American Renal Associates (ARA): 978-232-4099 or email@example.com
- Satellite: 800-367-8292
- US Renal Care: 866-671-8772
- National Kidney Foundation (NKF): 888-33-KIDNEY (888-335-4363)
- American Kidney Fund (AKF): 866-300-2900
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): 800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services (SAMHS) Disaster Distress Helpline: 800-985-5990
- Veteran Disaster Relief Hotline: 800-507-4571
In the event of an emergency or disaster, you will want to determine both the "open" or "closed" status of dialysis facilities in the affected area and what services they are providing. You may also need a map showing the nearest open facility.