Who is Midwest Kidney Network?
Midwest Kidney Network (ESRD Network 11) is a private, nonprofit organization and in partnership with Superior Health Quality Alliance, is a contractor with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS). Since 1978, we have been working with CMS to improve care for people with kidney disease. We are one of 18 regional End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Networks in the United States.
A brief overview of the ESRD Networks.
Learn more about the creation of the ESRD Network Program in this fact sheet.
Whom do we serve?
- 5 States: Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
- 521 renal dialysis providers
- 21 renal transplant centers
- 50,760 people with kidney failure (as of 12/31/2019)
What do we do?
Our mission is to assess and improve the quality of care provided to people with kidney disease. ESRD Networks across the nation share the following goals.
- Respond to patient concerns about their care
- Help providers improve care and quality of life for dialysis and kidney transplant patients
- Maintain the patient database that supports the national kidney disease program
- Partner with other ESRD Networks, State Survey Agencies, ESRD providers, and organizations helping people with kidney disease